Cyber Essentials is a government backed scheme, designed to not only help businesses protect themselves from online threats that jeopardize the very survival of their organisation, but also to project a cyber security focused mindset to their clients. It was introduced in 2014 and many businesses up and down the country have since achieved the accreditation.
Cyber Essentials is made up of five technical controls (The Five Controls of Cyber Essentials). To achieve the certification, you must prove your application of all five of them and pledge your dedication to their upkeep – we will explore these more as the blog series progresses.
The 5 Controls of Cyber Essentials
The five controls are:
2. Secure Configuration
3. Applying Access Controls
4. Anti-Malware Measures
5. System Maintenance
To achieve the Cyber Essentials accreditation, you must apply these five controls in your workplace. So, why take the time to get the accreditation?
Why is Cyber Essentials a clever idea?
• Cyber threats are on the rise – Cyber Essentials is designed to defend against some of the most common threats you are likely to experience in your average workday.
• It can make you eligible for Government contracts – some require the Cyber Essentials accreditation to even bid for them.
• It will help you meet your GDPR obligations.
• Cyber Essentials can be an exceptionally worthwhile investment – it does require upfront cost but, once having been credited, your business could reap the benefits of £25,000 worth of cover against Cyber attacks.
• Cyber Essentials can have a positive impact on the reputation of your organization – by showing your commitment to cyber security you could help boost your customer count.
Now you know some of the benefits of achieving the Cyber Essentials Accreditation, in the following articles, let’s take a closer look at the five controls in more detail.
Value from your tools
BCNS makes business easier and more cost-effective by guaranteeing that you and your team are always connected to each other and your clients. We can also guarantee that your team are using the latest version of every application to ensure that your systems are secure, and you are getting the best possible benefits from your tech. Our team of experts will assist you throughout the transition and beyond to be sure you achieve exactly what you desire. At the same time, we can reduce your expenses and improve your security as well as performance! Contact us now and find out how we can help you with your business communications and move into a more productive future.